Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
Hey I live in Hamtrack. We're still kicking. Basically, Detroit treated the Poletown area just like they treated Delray. If Hamtramck were not an entity separate from Detroit, we would be a field like Delray ... and Poletown.
Really, could you just come right out and let everyone know what you're insinuating, already?

I lament like any thoughtful person would the hardball the city played with the neighborhood. I lament it anywhere it happens, and it happened [[and happens) all across the country. But, I'm not sure I, at all, agree with the insinuation that still seems to be held to this day, by many, that northern Poletown was specifically targeted for any reason beyound the fact that it was near existing rail, freeway, and industrial infrastructure. There seems to be idea, either through blatant rejection or simply not considering, that the location of the plant didn't make sense. The idea seems to be the result of a complete denial that the Milwaukee Junction was/is literally next door to the site.