Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm impressed with the business savvy! I saw the downtown foodland sign go up a few weeks ago and now this. If YOBS ever opens [[lol) downtown will be in pretty good shape grocery wise. Seems people are finding needs downtown and filling them....keep it up!

I had saw the Belkins beverage truck on the side of Lafayettes Foods. I guess he is starting to stock up. Detroit neighborhoods once had smaller moms and pops grocery stores which even had a butcher's shop in the back. One store owner store had caught on fire twice during the late eighties. He had said that it was the competition [[ Chadean store) around the corner from him who had set it on fire. They had tried to buy him out three times but he refused to sell to them. He had said that his store had been in the neighborhood since the 40s and he had purchased it in the middle 80s just to keep things in the neighborhood. I am not saying that Chadeans had went around burning down the competition. Only this one incident.It would be nice if more store open in reamaining neighborhoods as oppose to conveience gas and liquor stores.