Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

More on the Tuller here: www.buildingsofdetroit.com/places/tuller

That can't be the UA going up because the second wing of the Tuller hasn't replaced the Church of Our Father yet [[it was built in 1914), and the UA went up in 1928. [[Plus the cars are the wrong era.)

has anybody ever seen pictures of the tuller from the 60's-demolition?

I've never and think they would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    has anybody ever seen pictures of the tuller from the 60's-demolition?

I've never and think they would be interesting.
    I watched some of the demolition. It was in about the late 80' or early 90's. One of the saddest moments was when they knocked a hole in the back wall of the ballroom - facing Clifford Street. It was a blizzard snowfall. I just stood and looked into the ballroom. Chandeliers and wall sconces were still visible. I don't know if they were originals or replacements installed for a movie or two shot in the hotel during the 80's. I think one of the movies was Rosary Murders by Father Kienzle, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    More on the Tuller here: www.buildingsofdetroit.com/places/tuller

That can't be the UA going up because the second wing of the Tuller hasn't replaced the Church of Our Father yet [[it was built in 1914), and the UA went up in 1928. [[Plus the cars are the wrong era.)
    Tried to post comments about the Tuller, Golden Harp Castle, Golden Harp Pub, the Hughes family, the final tenants of the Tuller, the 101 Club and it's demise. The website wouldn't accept my entry.

If you want to see parts of the Tuller on the big screen along with other Detroit shots from the '80's, check out the Coen Brother's movie 'Crimewave' which was directed by Metro-Detroit's own Sam Raimi. The story is kind of crappy but you can see the directing style of Raimi emerge along with some recognizable locations of Detroit.

Also notice that there was an entrance added at street level to the corner of the Tuller right at Park and Adams. The Shorpy picture shows only a window but the www.buildingsofdetroit.com Old Photos shows an added enterance at that corner.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    If you want to see parts of the Tuller on the big screen along with other Detroit shots from the '80's, check out the Coen Brother's movie 'Crimewave' which was directed by Metro-Detroit's own Sam Raimi. The story is kind of crappy but you can see the directing style of Raimi emerge along with some recognizable locations of Detroit.

Also notice that there was an entrance added at street level to the corner of the Tuller right at Park and Adams. The Shorpy picture shows only a window but the www.buildingsofdetroit.com Old Photos shows an added enterance at that corner.
    Might be some scenes form the Rosary Murders too. A couple of the guys living in the Tuller worked on the movie Beverly Hills Cop.