Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

MIRepublic Guest

Two of the three owners are white, thus the city tried to shake them down. So, the city purposefully went out of their way to also hurt the one black owner so they could get the two other white owners. Really? They are going to have to do better than that. Any stick to beat a horse, though, huh? Let's throw everything and see what sticks.

Why didn't all three bring this up back in November when they went before the grand jury on this? I guess, sometimes, the smell of money takes a while to make it down the block.

BTW, Russix, Kilpatrick was a lot of things, most of them far from good and wholesome, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a majority to say that he held an inherently racist worldview and philosophy. I think people often forget where much of Kilpatricks big-time support, money, and connections came from and what kind of person and politician when his colleagues chose him as minority leader in the state house. It was always kind of something that he was able to trick so many Detroiters, because this guy was about as unlike them as any out-city politician.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; May-21-09 at 08:56 PM.