Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    I like what San Francisco did after the earthquake of the late 80's. They looked at the crumbled freeways running along the waterfront and the Embarcadero and came to the conclusion they were a mess. Gone! No rebuld. Then they extended the trolley lines from Market Street to Fisherman's Wharf and over to Third Street, the CalTrain station and their new stadium. Very nice.
    I arrived in California in 2000 and I remember driving down the Embarcadero towards Fisherman's Wharf. I can only imagine how ugly that area looked having an double-decker freeway along the Embarcadero. If anyone watches Charmed, they were always showing wide-shots of SF and you would see the old double-decker.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I arrived in California in 2000 and I remember driving down the Embarcadero towards Fisherman's Wharf. I can only imagine how ugly that area looked having an double-decker freeway along the Embarcadero. If anyone watches Charmed, they were always showing wide-shots of SF and you would see the old double-decker.
    I departed SF in 2000. Their vision was just coming together with the new trolley lines, stadium and gardens at the foot of Market. Amazing to watch how a city can transform itself. Even one as beautiful and dynamic as SF.