Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am old so I think it is silly and to me a bit of an embarrassment, 5 years from now the movie will be a faded memory,but having said that put the rail in and keep saving Detroit history but then hey if it gives that group some civic pride go for it. It is nice to see people taking a stand for what they believe in right or wrong.
    It was made in 1987 so it's already been around for over 20 years and has quite the cult following.

There are statues of Paul Bunyan, Superman and a host of other movie 'heroes' so why not one of Officer Alex Murphy?

I think it'd be a great draw for the curious movie-goer, especially with the film industry expanding in town. It could be just the quirky kind of thing the city needs.
    Last edited by Meddle; February-12-11 at 05:12 AM.