I agree with your X factor players. I think Jackson will just keep on rolling. His sophomore year was when he was back in the minors when he would have been in majors in just about any other system. That is why he hit the ground running. With his glove, defense and speed he satisfies me as long as his OBP is at least .300.

I think the Tigers have a lot of other X factors and all good possibilities.

Top of the list is our Matthew Stafford, Joel Zumaya, chirping that he is back and ready. If he is, still has his heater and continues to progress in his off speed repertoire, he will be the biggest lift. Besides I like this no-long-a-kid guy. He will be great for the box office and team spirit. I consider him a double X factor, especially if Valverde has an off year.

Brennan Boesch was very impressive, but so was Chris Shelton. Do the AL pitchers have him figured out or will take his game to the next level? If he does watch out.

Casper Wells turned my head too, but 93 AB's at the end of the season is not enough to tell. Call him an outside X.

If I had to hope for one of the two to take off, it would be Boesch since they need lefty hitters.