Quote Originally Posted by georgem View Post
Hey Packman41, I've got a question for you. In your last posting, you showed us a floor plan drawing of the Packard from 1944. Looking at it, it shows the car assembly line as having an exit, on the north by the parking garage, and another one behind the office building. Is this accurate?
Yes, it is accurate. I believe the author of the article [[AJB) said the two floor plans [[one pre-war and the other during the war) came from a report to the stockholders. So the floor plans do show that there were two directions to the line.

In our second posting [[1/31/2011) you thought that one line is probably for cars being sent back to the paint shop for touch ups. That could be the case, but I would suggest to you a more likely alternative. Packard had two lines of cars; the senior line - bigger engines and more custom options and the junior line - 6 cylinder or small 8 cylinder engines and less frills. Kind of like Chevrolet and Cadillac. It may be the 2 lines are for the 2 models - senior line and junior line. but I will look into this more.