Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

So as versus their being a negative perception of Detroit, the artworld perceives the city somewhat like American and European architects looked at Los Angeles a hundred years ago through the 1950's, which is as a place of opportunity to try something that would not be possible somewhere else.
    And so you want to fund an art project that insinuates all our buildings were made to fall apart, because "one guy" told you so? I'm not following the logic.

Suppose I pay for the project myself, or an institution fund the project. How would that affect your opinion of it?

My current USA Artists Projects proposal is not the limit of my entire project. I would fabricate dead or distressed architecture based on buildings in Chicago and Cleveland as well, if the opportunity arises, all at the size of a dollhouse. Then I would move to fabricate distressed structures of the Western United States, where I have photographed structures for well over a decade.