Well, I walk from campus to Woodbridge at night. Forest and Warren can be pretty barren. I've never had any problems though. No one's even really approached me for anything except when walking into the liquor store you'll get asked for money sometimes. Not that something bad couldn't happen but I don't want to undercut the numerous times I've run into friends, had conversions with people, and just smiled and said hello to people along that walk. The flats over here are in huge houses with yards and many allow dogs. I always see people walking their dogs. My advice is to try the walk at about seven o'clock from campus to commonwealth. You could cut through the athletic field on the sidewalk where they have blue light phones that connect you to Wayne State.

Forget 911, call Wayne State directly: [[313) 577-2222 They show up within a couple minutes. If you need them to take a report about a stolen or busted up car or bike or other report they take more like fifteen, but they come.

Also if you really are old or have a medicare card the crosstown bus is on warren going west and on forest going east. It'll set you back $0.50 [[or .75 if you're a medicare card holder but not disabled or a senior). Just grab a bus schedule in the student center. http://studentcenter.wayne.edu/cic.php