Del Taco? Whaaa...? What next, In-N-Out Burger? What do they think this is, Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
I never said I was against jobs and filling vacant space, I just thought for once that we could be a little more creative than bringing cookie cutter chains that cheapen the image of downtown. Why can't incentives be made available to non-chain businesses, lets say from Southwest Detroit that want to open a Mexican restaurant where space to lease is reasonable and local food vendors are used like tortillas from La Jalisciense Tortilla Factory and Salsa from Garden Fresh. Just think of that, fresh healthy food. Commercial space gets filed, jobs are created, the community benefits, and the consumer benefits. Maybe it will attract people from outside of Detroit eat there. You don't see chains promoting the city like other non-chain restaurant owners do. You don't see other people flocking to the city to visit the unique chains of Downtown Detroit. You don't see national news stories about the Subway at Grand Circus Park like you do of other Downtown Restaurants.
What do you think this is, San Francisco?

And there we have it, I have made your point.