My family & I were on vacation in June, 1976. We had gone to Wash DC and stopped in Gettysburg on the way back. I was 10 yrs old with 2 younger brothers that had begun playing little league earlier that spring. We all were instant Tiger fans. Mark Fidrych's popularity was starting to get to a fever pitch. We listened to the games at night on the radio during our vacation picking up that "Great Voice of the Great Lakes" the "50K watt" WJR. We heard Sunday that Mark Fidrych was going to pitch the next night against the Yankees on Monday Night Baseball. We were still in our hotel room in Gettysburg, but begged our dad to take us home to go to that ballgame. He relucatantly agreed. I think we left Gettysburg at 5 or 6 am to drive back to our house in Pontiac. We got home around 1 pm. My dad kind of dropped us off and headed back downtown to buy the tickets for the game. We were all so excited to see The Bird on Monday Night Baseball. It was the biggest event in our lives. We had seats in the right field grandstand in the lower deck of Tiger Stadium. The place was packed. It was a frenzy, a fever pitch during this game. There were so many people. My parents made us all hold hands, so none of us would get separated when we were leaving. It was so great to see The Bird pitch and win against the Yankees. It was just awesome, one of those moments in time where you were lucky to be at and will remember it all your life. It was the first of probably about 600 games I would attend at Tiger Stadium.