Quote Originally Posted by Gambling Man View Post
I think flaming against a particular restaurant for having a panhandler in it is wrong. What is it you expect them to do exactly? Was it handled once you brought it to their attention? I think the waiter's light-hearted approach is one way to handle it. Perhaps you wanted them to apologize profusely for a beggar getting into their restaurant? Perhaps you wanted something off your bill? This isn't a situation of bad food or bad service. I'm pretty sure downtalking them on a public website about something outside of their control is a remedial complaint at best, and not warranted. These businesses [[especially the really good ones like Roast) need our support, not our ridicule.
If indeed the waiter didn't apologize then I think his complaint is valid [[but he admittedly was drunk, so who knows if he's recalling the situation correctly?). I wouldn't want to be panhandled in a private establishment that I'm paying money to enter. But if the waiter did apologize and the panhandler was removed, I'm not sure what more the o/p would ask of them.

I've eaten at Roast and I think it's a nice restaurant with good service. I doubt this is a regular occurrence, which is probably why the waiter was so amused.