I have to agree about the Roxbury Group's decision to NOT build atop the Michigan Ave. parking deck [[not yet anyway). It was probably a wise move [[remember the Bloomfield Office Park fiasco?).

They had already paid to have the parking structure structurally adaptable for a condo project on top, and still have the aerial development rights.

As for the David Whitney Building... as has been mentioned it is the best condition of any unoccupied GCP buildings. Mercifully, after a brief period of mayhem [[where someone tossed a chair from an upper floor into the atrium skylight)... it has been shuttered and secured.

Interestingly enough, above the 4th story skylight is a 14 story lightwell above. The office floors are parallelogram shaped, with the center of each floor hollow [[lightwell).

A Whitney Building redevelopment rightfully would invoke "Skippers Rule". However, with the announced occupancy [[by the Quicken folks) of the Madison Building, and the [[finally) pre- construction activity starting on the Broderick Tower... and the continuing secretive work on the United Artists Building... this brings... at a minimum... a decent dose of optimism about what is happening in Grand Circus Park.

And I don't think we are privy to all the plans for that grand square. But I do believe that Grand Circus Park is going to be the home of Quicken and its' sister companies. I just don't think that all the pieces of the puzzle have been announced yet....