Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

NorthEndere Guest

Oh, I totally agree. This was probably the Freep's attempt to keep a spotlight on the project, but as seen in the very second post of this thread, they have to be very congnizant of their audience. Michigan [[my home state and the place I love like no other) seems to have some of the most pessimitic and miserable people this side of the Mississippi, that if left to their own devices don't seem to know how to digest subtle prodding like this, and when fed actual good news, they really can't keep this food down.

Woodward Light Rail is still very much on track. DOT didn't front the money for the EIS [[which was only originally going to evaluate the first phase, but now will evaluate the entire line), and isn't working with the city hand-in-hand, to have egg on its face. Not just any old project gets a visit by the DOT head.

The only way this thing stalls is if the private partners reneg over the next few months, because both the city and the feds are actively holding up their end of the baragain.
    Last edited by NorthEndere; January-13-11 at 01:15 AM.