Quote Originally Posted by darwinism View Post
Wow, you sure are hung-up on semantics, aren't you?

Well, guess what, I am standing by my assertion that "the Big 3 are at a disadvantage because of the way they do business".

Conditioning my statement?! heedus, come on, isn't the category "Discuss Detroit" as opposed to "Non Detroit" sufficient? Are you really that gung-ho about picking apart words in a sentence, and sentences in a paragraph? Oh, while you're at it, how are you coming along in rebutting, "GM still alienates all the taxpayers who are potential customers." Did you call GM dealerships in NYC, LA, Chicago, and Columbus, OH, to VERIFY if they are OFFERING ALL DISCOUNTS/INCENTIVES/REBATES to ALL TAXPAYERS?

OMG, some people here on this forum really needs bigger fish to fry. I mean, for goodness sake, 40 dealerships are already scheduled to lose their Chrysler relationships in about 3 weeks. GM had already sent out shut down notices to 1,100 dealerships nationwide, with a rough estimates of 50-70 right here in our region. Unemployment figures are already above 10%. Between now and June 10, we are looking at the looming bankruptcy of GM and the end of Chrysler dealership contracts. Please, gimme' a break.
Dude, you're the one who said that you're doing your best at selling the Big 3 to your friends and then comes on here and makes these negative generalizations about the Big 3. You're right, we are facing the current bankruptcy of Chrysler and the impending bankruptcy of GM. So, you know what, let's kick them while they're down on a forum full of interested and engaged people, who may be in the market for a new car. That sounds like a great way to "sell" the Big 3.

I fear that people are making decisions about purchasing a new car based on older and outdated perceptions. I happen to know a great deal about the auto industry and am just trying to get the facts out there so that people can base their perceptions on facts. I also am saddened that your experience with Big 3 dealers in Oakland and Macomb counties haven't been all that great. I just think that bringing the entire company into play wasn't entirely fair, especially given that the dealership hour issue appears to be a Michigan-specific problem and the incentive issue also most likely is a Michigan specific-problem due to the concentration of Big 3 employees in this area [[i.e., dealerships outside of Michigan don't focus on all these incentives b/c their customers likely aren't eligible).