Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Great photo Whitehouse. It brought a rush of memories. As a child I'd join my father downtown when he worked in various buildings - Penobscot, Michigan Mutual, etc. We would go out and walk around to cleaners, tobacco shops, hat shops, lounges, etc. My best memories of GCP were walking and sitting there and staring at the canyon of brightly lighted buildings surrounding me. I thought Detroit was the biggest city in the world. Some of my first inspirations of love for Detroit.

Anyone know if the Grand Circus park underground parking is ever open? I've been there during the week at different times, and the roll up doors are closed.
    I though it was a public parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by M CD M View Post
    Anyone know if the Grand Circus park underground parking is ever open? I've been there during the week at different times, and the roll up doors are closed.
    I though it was a public parking area.
    The lower level of GCP garage west is for Kales residents only, the first level is for businesses,[[there's not very many cars parked there though) You need a key card to access the garage, which is why the door is always closed, for our safety..thankfully.

It is nice that on cold mornings my car is always no colder than 50 degrees!

The GCP garage east is open for Lions games I think, and when our garage door is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    The lower level of GCP garage west is for Kales residents only, the first level is for businesses,[[there's not very many cars parked there though) You need a key card to access the garage, which is why the door is always closed, for our safety..thankfully.

It is nice that on cold mornings my car is always no colder than 50 degrees!

The GCP garage east is open for Lions games I think, and when our garage door is broken.
    The GCP is listed as a Fallout Shelter.
    Have you seen any of those signs down there still?

Quote Originally Posted by M CD M View Post
    The GCP is listed as a Fallout Shelter.
    Have you seen any of those signs down there still?
    No, no I haven't. That's awesome!

Is that a cross out of lights in the windows of the Whitney or just a coincidence? Maybe there was a church function in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Is that a cross out of lights in the windows of the Whitney or just a coincidence? Maybe there was a church function in the park?

I was a sign of the apocalypse Detroit had to suffer the next 50 years.