There is also an apartment complex with the name Alden Park. It's on E.Jefferson Ave. and Parker St. near Van Dyke. Indian Village neighborhood is just north. I lived at the Alden Park for about 13 years during the 1980's. There are 4 huge 8 story buildings that sit on property bounded on the north by Jefferson Ave and the south by the Detroit River. It's right next to the international headquarters of the UAW union. Built, I think, in the 30's or 40's it was the home of some of the Ford family. There was a fairly nice restaurant in the rear of the lower level which opened out onto a large grassy lawn right on the river. There are still mouring ? cleats in place where sailboats could tie up. Even when I lived there it was a full service residence with a grocery store, beauty/barber shop, dry cleaning, massage & sauna business, antique shop, photography & artists studios and underground parking.

Also lived in the Herman Gardens projects from about 1945 - 1950. Also a huge area and number of buildings and bounded by intersections of Southfield and Joy Rds at the NW corner and Tireman on the south. Built just after WW II and demolished sometime in the 1990s. It can be Googled for more info.