Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I am perfectly fine with dumping the ombudsman office. They never did get that they are supposed to be a citizen advocate.

So it looks like Detroit will only have seven districts, regardless of which plan is chosen. That will allow for very large districts, and Council will probably draw them. You're not going to have a cross-section of representation that way; you could conceivably still have five out of the seven district/council members living in one general area of the city.

There is no reason whatsoever to retain any at-large council positions.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I am perfectly fine with dumping the ombudsman office. They never did get that they are supposed to be a citizen advocate.
    I've seen some of the work by the latest Ombudsperson, Durene Brown. The fact that they're actually doing far more work than the previous Ombudsman, John Eddings, is probably the main reason that Bing wants to get rid of the office. She's put some departments on full blast.