when you look at what a hassle it is for this region to come together on anything woodward makes the most sense. you have one wide boulevard that would be great for light rail which in my mind makes or breaks this idea. light rail on its own spurs development, add in the fact that cities like royal oak and birmingham have shifted their focus in recent years to becoming more urban, it makes sense to start here. i think the communities along woodward would be more willing to participate as well. the mayor of ferndale has said many times that he wants light rail.

dearborn is walkable, but you want to link many communities with potential. i think a future line to dearborn would be great, but woodward is ready now for it and it would have a much bigger impact. southfield is isolated and i would equate it to saying troy should get some attention. some places are already urban or are pushing that way, an idea like this helps those places and the fact they all share something in common like woodward makes the idea that much more achievable.