Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
I know enough to understand that from McNamara through Bernard Kilpatrick through Momma Cheeks on down to Kwhyme...we've had generational corruption which has rooted throughout the system, even in places not so obvious. They really thought they had it sewn up...that is why Kwhyme was so bold, and his co-horts that remain in the city...both working within government AND running their illegal establishments...are scheming even now to get back to where they once were.
There's not a lot of scheming required here. A healthy chunk of them are still in appointed positions within the Bing Administration. The others aren't far away.

Not enough of them are being rooted out by the current mayor, and I'm still on the fence about him...whether he is complicit with them, or ignorant of them [[which is worse)...or he is WAY smarter and is letting them stay employed while Federal investigations continue and do the housecleaning FOR him.
I hadn't thought of it, but there is always the possibility that the only reason Mayor Bing is keeping so many of the Kilpatrick cronies around is that he is hoping they'll keep plundering, but this time do it while the FBI is watching.

If they weren't able to catch them before, maybe they'll get lucky next time. After all, crooks always continue stealing until they are captured or killed. It's what they do.

Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that complicit or ignorant are far more likely options. [[Doubly worse - I think that ignorant is the most likely of these options.)

Plus, I've talked with an increasing number of people I trust who have some tremendous things to say about Mayor Bing...and I know my favorite mayor of my lifetime is meeting with him...or at least HAS met with him...and that gives me hope.
I've heard a lot of smart people say great things about Mayor Bing, too. Of course, I also remember hearing similar great things about Kwame Kilpatrick during the first couple years of his administration from many of the same people.

People sometimes see what they want to see in others and, in my opinion, become too willing to buy into a promise from one politician or another. I, on the other hand, endeavor to retain a sense of healthy skepticism.