Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
In New York, they don't roll out the welcome mat for new arrivals. It's an immigration destination because of the harbor, Ellis Island, historically, and nowadays, because of extended family networks, name recognition, JFK airport, amongst other factors. I know because I came to the U.S. via New York. We went there because my Dad got a job there.

Ultimately, immigrants go where the jobs are.

People who are clamoring for new "homestead acts" are morons who have probably never met a non-white [[or non-black) person. Modern immigrants aren't medieval serfs fleeing the Tsar's armies or the potato famine or some such shit. These people are mostly middle class back in their own countries. They at least have the few hundred dollars to pay for visa paperwork and $1-$2K to fly over here. They don't want a burnt out house in the Detroit cocaine ghetto, with no prospects for a job.
Thanks for calling me a moron. If name calling weren't allowed on this forum, I'd really let you have it for that. In fact I'd like you to come over here and say it to my face. I'll give you my address.

You have directly stated that ALL modern immigrants do not face oppression or extreme hardship in their homelands. Well pick up a fucking newspaper, because many do. I don't care if you think you are hot shit or some kind of new age sophisticated immigrant that somehow stands in contrast to the other huddled masses that made there way here, or whatever the hell you see yourself as.