It's dead for now because the Legislature is not going to take up the enabling legislation needed for MDOT to spend any money to move forward on it. Without that, it's not happening. When it comes up again next year, it faces a GOP-controlled House and a GOP super-majority in the Senate.

Word is that the Canadians are feeling out the U.S. federal government on taking over for MDOT to get it built. I know Ray LaHood has said in public he backs it, but there's been almost nothing said by Michigan's delegation about DRIC. Even less by the administration. I don't know Hansen Clarke's position on it [[will look it up in a few mins), and he's the one replacing Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick in Congress for Detroit -- and she was a recipient of campaign funding from the anti-DRIC Moroun family. I don't know if Clarke took money from Moroun -- something else I need to research.

I don't think Snyder has been definitive on his position on DRIC. Granholm was on record in favor of both bridge projects.

As for the Windsor-Essex Parkway, the Canadians are confident DRIC will be built, so they're forging ahead. If it's not, there will be a really, really $1.5 billion highway to Brighton Beach.