Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I understand that back in nineteen dickity-two [[they had to say 'dickity' because the Kaiser stole the word 'twenty') ma and pa loaded up the family in the model T and drove from waaaay out on McNichols to meet the kinfolk in from Toledo, but are you saying Detroit NOT having a rail link from it's airport to Downtown is just something we should just live with because that's the way it has always been?
No, I'm saying that if the objection to taking a train from Dearborn [[or Pontiac, or Birmingham, or Royal Oak, or Detroit, etc.) is that you have to drive to the station, park, then get on the train, this isn't much different from the situation with the airport. And I give rides to my friends to the airport all the time, so I don't see how it's a major stumbling block to taking a train. That's why I noted you could get a ride to a train station as well as an airport. Or that, historically, Detroiters have always been willing to give somebody a ride to the train station.

I don't understand how this became conflated with a rail link to the airport, which sounds like a good idea anyway.