Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Turkey-
    Do you remember Kurt DeVries? I got Jim a job,where I worked, he passed away about 2 years ago,fm pancreatic cancer

I'm thinking Kurt Devries was a "bonus baby." I never met him, though.

Seems to me his death was mentioned on a previous thread - probably "Balduck Hill" or along that line.

But, that's okay. It's a joy to be able to remember what a quality life we had in the old neighborhood. In the summer we played all day and went home when the streelights turned on.

But, we really can't go back, can we? It just ain't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeycall View Post
    But, we really can't go back, can we? It just ain't the same.
    I lived on Marseilles between Chandler/Chester... still remember the smoke burning my eyes when we used to rake the [[Elm tree) leaves to the street, and burn them at the curb... Every once in a while I'll be out in the boonies somewhere, and catch a whiff of someone still burning their leaves... brings back memories.

Also still can hear the sound of Mr. Lappicolla's Produce Truck.... "Strawberries...strawberries, 3 quarts for a dollar.... Tomatoes... Peaches... Sweet Corn..." and "Uncle George" the rotund Good Humor ice cream truck with the bells chiming.

.... and remember those Air Raid drills at school [[went to Marquette)... and buying the stamps [[in the classroom) for your Savings Bonds book.