Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherboy View Post
    I don't want to pay the bank any more than Michelle Hart does. However, I want a home to live in so I make my monthly payment.

Maybe it's time shareholders of these banks file a class action lawsuit against homeowners who default and then stay in their home without paying their mortgage thereby driving down the price of the banks stock and hurting my retirement fund. I am being adversely affected by these homeowners who refuse to pay.

Why should I lose my 401k because you want to live in your house for free?
    Nice, simple response. Unfortunately, it's a much more complicated issue than that.

And if you're really interested in protecting your investments, a good place to start is regulating the big banks, sweeping away the corrupt practices that got us into this mess, and demanding transparency. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    And if you're really interested in protecting your investments, a good place to start is regulating the big banks, sweeping away the corrupt practices that got us into this mess, and demanding transparency. Just sayin'.
    You could have written that paragraph in 1929. Anybody have relatives who lost their house in the 1929 Depression, raise your hand. Everybody? That's what I'm saying.

My grandmother was a pregnant Italian immigrant widow whose husband was killed at Ford's in 1925, when she lost her house in 1930. My mother tells me it was a pretty little Folk Victorian on Concord. They endured, and later thrived. I'm very sorry for the Harts, but stuff happens........then and now. That's life.

The House in Question...

1966 House Built $?
    03/05/1984 $60,000.00
    08/23/1985 $68,000.00
    06/26/1992 $98,000.00
    05/24/2006 $195,000.00 <<-- Hart

Don't they tell you this when you before you buy a house?
    Did she / they / everyone really think there houses were worth so much money? its crazy.
    I feel bad for everyone in this situation, but is it really that bad? so you loose your house, go live somewhere else for a while, a cheap apartment or something. its just a house!

And what is the point of a 2 year moratorium? Its just a 2 year vacation. The people are gonna sit in their house for 2 more years then what? since shes gonna spend all her money on her sick momma shes not gonna have money for the house payment, so why not just demand a permanent moratorium??

and something does not add up, its say
    stop the eviction of michelle and her mother, but the white pages list "L Thornton" at that address... Whos that? something sounds fishy. looking on the web shes been trying to modify since January 2008...

anyway sorry, im just tired and bored. goodnight

Last edited by gopher; October-19-10 at 02:48 AM.