Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

there are witnesses [[one I heard sounded very Anglo) who say the kid that got shot wasn't one of the stone throwers and that the agent was detaining one guy and firing randomly. It should be treated as a homicide and investigated and if those witnesses are correct, he should be handed over to the Mexican govt.

Not sure if he should be handed over to a foreign government, since he committed the act from our side. If it was a homicide, then you are right. But if it was an act of self defense, then it's a different story. I agree with you - let the court decide.

But not Mexico's court. Thier courts are much more corrupt than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Ever been pelted by a barrage of stones and rocks before?
    Would you just stand there and be showered with them until you are bloodied and unconcious?
    Two words: warning shots.

We really don't know what the scenario was. Maybe there were already warning shots, we were not there. We have to remember that this was a US Border Patrol Officer, who had training and experience doing his job, not some nutjob random Minuteman. I think an investigation is the way to go.

Sorry, but that is BS. No one other than the officer was armed. and no, I don't consider kids throwing rocks a threat when I have a gun.

The officer was not in imminent danger [[or, as was released in the first statement, surrounded). There was plenty of room to defuse the situation.

While I agree that if he was a "good student", as was alleged, he would have better things to do than to hang out at the border. Nonetheless, it's nothing you should be killed over.

No one other than the officer was armed.
    Sorry, but this is BS too. Ever been hit in the head by a big rock? It hurts.
    Stoning is a form of capital punishment in multiple Middle Eastern countries.
    Want photos posted of what thrown rocks do to someone?
    Thrown rocks can kill you.
    I don't consider kids throwing rocks a threat when I have a gun.
    But according to your rules, you wouldn't be allowed to use it to defend yourself.
    The officer was not in imminent danger
    Link your source. The only story I see linked in this thread is
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_...a/10271034.stm
    which states
    The FBI said the agent opened fire during a confrontation with a group of suspected illegal immigrants trying to enter the US.

It said two people were arrested but the others retreated into Mexico, throwing rocks.
    "The subjects surrounded the agent and continued to throw rocks at him. The agent then fired his service weapon several times, striking one subject who later died," the FBI said
    I dont see you mentioning THIS story:
    Mexican border on edge after U.S. agent slain
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...deragent_N.htm

Agent Robert Rosas was killed Thursday night along a remote stretch of the border southeast of San Diego. Rosas was by himself, trying to catch a group of people who had crossed the border illegally, when he was shot several times in the head and body, Slotter said.
    Results of Stone Throwing:
    http://www.africancrisis.co.za/Article.php?ID=8380&

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Sorry bub, that is murder loud and clear. the guy should spend the rest of his life in a mexican jail

Geting all KINDS of burritos up his arse....
    -Martin Lawrence, Blue Streak-

N. Korea threatens 'physical response' to U.S. military drills
    North Korea threatened Friday to mount a "physical response" to United States' military drills in the region.
    Its government claimed that the exercises with South Korean forces would violate its sovereignty.
    The statement came as top American and North Korean diplomats were meeting face-to-face Friday at an Asian security conference.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38375802...s-asiapacific/
    Hillary responded by calling North Korea and it's leader "belligerent "
    Well, only time will tell how all this will pan out.

The North's official Korean Central News Agency said that the military would crush the naval drills with a powerful physical blow and warned all civilian ships to stay away from areas near the sea border. South Korea plans to hold five-day naval drills in the Yellow sea, including near the border, beginning Thursday in response to the March sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on North Korea.
    North Korea vehemently denies involvement in the sinking of the 1,200-ton Cheonan, and has demanded that its own investigators be allowed to visit to South Korea to examine the results. Seoul has rejected the North's repeated requests.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38531481...ws-asiapacific

f y i

Seriously, the last thing the USA needs right now is another war.

Ravine Guest

Yes. Even aside from the human cost [[which, of course, is far more terrible,) the truth is that we can't afford another war.
    I say, let China mediate the issue. Whatever they come up with is OK with me. They've got the man-power and the money. We're already Waist-Deep in the Big Sandy.

Fidel moving on...
    now this guy...
    Maybe thier hiers will convert to Democracy...
    In a style that actually works...
    Instead of the style Europe has, and the current & previous President are going to: The one where you promise entitlements you can't afford, spend far more than you take in, and self destruct your own economies...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39413720...ws-asiapacific

The front page of North Korea's Rodong Sinmun newspaper on Thursday shows a group photo of senior North Korean officials, including Kim Jong Un. The newspaper identified Kim Jong Un as being second from left in the front row.

North Korea on Thursday released what is believed the first official image of leader Kim Jong Il's youngest son and heir apparent.
    A photo of a group of senior Workers' Party officials was published in the country's Rodong Sinmun newspaper.
    An article accompanying the photo lists the names of those in the picture. The 20-something Kim Jong Un was one of the officials named.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_...a/10271034.stm

We couldn't let those N. Koreans show us up. Ugh.
    We don't want to play second fiddle to anyone.

[quote=Retroit;153386]Sounds like there is some ignorance out there about the purpose of the border. This isn't the United States of Amexico. A few bullets every now and then might get the point across.[/quote]
    Your first sentence statement is somewhat accurate and I might agree with you about that. But your last sentence is just plain inflammatory and ignorant. Sorry, not trying to get a war going here, just commenting.

YTN television said up to 70 houses were on fire on Yeonpyeong, about 75 miles west of the capital Seoul.

N. Korean artillery attack leaves island ablaze

Deadly skirmish comes amid South Korean military drills in the area

South Korean broadcaster YTN said at least 200 North Korean shells hit Yeonpyeong island, killing two soldiers and setting up to 70 houses ablaze. Most of the shells landed on a South Korean military base there, YTN reported.
    South Korea returned fire and scrambled F-16 fighter jets, military officials said.

South Korea is trying to not let things escalate from here,
    but another attack from the North might push the situation over the edge.

And World War III is coming. Let's go BOMB those North Korean Commies.

Here is the North Korean side of the story, direct from the Korean Central News Agency

"
    KPA Supreme Command Issues Communique

Pyongyang, November 23 [[KCNA) -- The Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army Tuesday released the following communique:
    The south Korean puppet group perpetrated such reckless military provocation as firing dozens of shells inside the territorial waters of the DPRK side around Yonphyong Islet in the West Sea of Korea from 13:00 on Nov. 23 despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK while staging the war maneuvers for a war of aggression on it codenamed Hoguk, escalating the tension on the Korean Peninsula.

The above-said military provocation is part of its sinister attempt to defend the brigandish "northern limit line," while frequently infiltrating its naval warships into the territorial waters of the DPRK side under the pretext of "intercepting fishing boats."

The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK standing guard over the inviolable territorial waters of the country took such decisive military step as reacting to the military provocation of the puppet group with a prompt powerful physical strike.

It is a traditional mode of counter-action of the army of the DPRK to counter the firing of the provocateurs with merciless strikes.

Should the south Korean puppet group dare intrude into the territorial waters of the DPRK even 0.001 mm, the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK will unhesitatingly continue taking merciless military counter-actions against it.

It should bear in mind the solemn warning of the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK that they do not make an empty talk.

There is in the West Sea of Korea only the maritime military demarcation line set by the DPRK.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

You know those N. Koreans are nuts when the Russians are even telling them to chill the fuck out.

Of course, as usual, China sits quietly with its thumbs up its ass.

Ravine Guest

China, nouveau riche, doesn't give a shit. They're too busy counting our, oops I'm sorry that is I meant to say their, money.

http://www.unog.ch/unog/website/news...8?OpenDocument

The Conference on Disarmament held a plenary meeting this morning in which the Democratic People's Republic of Korea assumed the presidency of the Conference and members bid farewell to the departing ambassadors from Canada and the United Kingdom.

Really, NATO? Are you freakin serious?
    North Korea in charge of the UN Conference on Disarmament.
    WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2