Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
You're too harsh. That coming from a curmudgeon. Anyway, everyone discovers things at their own pace and in their own time. Seeing as how he's likely never had the opportunity spend time here, or explore Detroit, his curiosity, wonderment and anguish are understandable. In my case it reminds me of all the anguish of a half century, and more, expecting Detroit to be like other places. It's not. It's DETROIT. Take it for what it's worth TODAY. Enjoy it NOW.
Okay, I'm going to turn this into an oldies but goodies discussion. You know, the good old days. I remember hanging out at Fort Wayne when it was an active military base. The same for Grosse Ile Naval Air Station. I remember some of the Nike sites spread out around Detroit and burbs. I remember the first ship to dock in Detroit from the St. Lawrence Seaway. I don't remember its name. It was Japanese and docked at Detroit Marine Terminals at West Jefferson Avenue and the Rouge River. I remember the Aquarama docking at the foot of West Grand Boulevard and the Americans [[North and South) docking downtown as well as the Bob Lo Boat. I remember...................