Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I truly and honestly cannot understand the fascination with smoking a nasty ass cigarette. I have never in my life smoked a cigarette and just don't get what's so exciting and grand about it. On top of that many smokers are quite arrogant and feel they have the right to blow their smoke in your face. I have on occasion had to confront smokers about smoking in my house or car. These people really don't understand how disgusting cigarettes smell to non-smokers and how the smell lingers in a location and in one's clothes. Why the hell do I want to smell your cigarette smoke in my clothes after you've long ago put the cigarette out? Funny thing is, whenever someone kicks the habit they complain that years later cigarette smoke makes them sick. No kidding? Non-smokers have been trying to tell you that for years.

With all that said [[thanks for the opportunity to rant on smokers), I think the ban was a bad idea. Let the consumers decide what the businesses provide. If people are fine with going to restaurant to eat and come home wreaking of tobacco smoke then so be it. Personally, I would boycott any restaurant that doesn't at least separate the smoking and non-smoking section. If I'm in the minority then I guess I stay home, no loss to business. If I represent the majority who'd like to breathe AIR not cigarette smoke then businesses when ban smoking on their own. Business is designed to cater to everyone, so some businesses may prosper with a ban on smoking and other businesses may prosper because people can smoke there. This one size fits all ban is not the way to go.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; September-25-10 at 09:23 AM.