Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    While we are off topic,

newbabyprod wrote:
    >>The superhero is a woman [[Finola) who can fly and has powers based around wind.

Have her stand by any house that looks blown away or partically destroyed, have her bending over to break wind. Another salvo on the way!
    Classy..... I think you thought she could have given the decisive blow to Slumpy.

Best thing to do NB is to just drive around before you're ready to do the shoot and see what strikes you. A few of my friends are photographers and thats what they do. I've even been driving with them and they tell me to pull over really quick so they can note the location for a later date.

Detroit is very photogenic, so there should be plenty of places. Good luck!

Have a picture of her reaching for a can of beans, and then get stock footage of the Hudsons implosion. Then show a picture of her standing in a dusty lot, with dust rising in the air. The virtue of this is that any lot will do. That could be her standard way of taking out villains.

Well since it's a superhero type shot...

How about something that has somewhat of a "Gotham City" look to it?

Such as beneath the banking hall arch at the Guardian Building.... either taken from the bottom of the stairs looking up, or from within the banking hall [[now a mini mall) looking out [[where you would get a full body image) towards the colorful Rookwood Pottery ceiling and futuristic looking Art Deco clock.

Since tourists are very welcome to come into the grand lobby of the Guardian Building and take photos... that would be a no-brainer as far as getting permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well since it's a superhero type shot...

How about something that has somewhat of a "Gotham City" look to it?

Such as beneath the banking hall arch at the Guardian Building.... either taken from the bottom of the stairs looking up, or from within the banking hall [[now a mini mall) looking out [[where you would get a full body image) towards the colorful Rookwood Pottery ceiling and futuristic looking Art Deco clock.

Since tourists are very welcome to come into the grand lobby of the Guardian Building and take photos... that would be a no-brainer as far as getting permission.
    Neat idea Gistok. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Or the Fox and Michgan theaters.

Try to find some interesting locations in the Cass Corridor area of the city or some other gritty Detroit locations such as inner city locations along Woodward or take photos in the Zug island area nearby. Areas near the Masonic Auditorium are also interesting!

Photograph her standing on the edge of the roof terrace atop the Detroit Water Board Building.

These are NOT my photos. They are posted on Flickr.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/per_ver...n/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/per_ver...n/photostream/

DetroitDad Guest

Default Location Suggestions for a Superhero Photoshoot

Check out this site for some ideas [[photographers site); http://scotthaefner.com/photos/keywo...an+Decay/2816/

I have to say, I love the modern day Detroit, despite all of its imperfections. Even so, I tend to view ourselves as citizens and urban pioneers, living amongst the ruins of a society that has long since vanished. For this, it must be said that the ruins of that past civilization can be truly amazing, and for the young, a mystery to be discovered. This very site [[DetroitYES.com) is actually known for it's grand photo tour of Metro Detroit, appropriately named The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit Tours. Those various tours on this site should also give you some inspiration.

Also, anything with St. Anne's Cathedral may have potential.

A tour with Inside Detroit may also be something worth looking into. The have a Downtown welcome center on Woodward Avenue, staffed by people who love the city, and know a lot about here. Even if you don't want to take a tour, go in there and ask some questions, they should be happy to help.

ChrisDean.com

Im not sure but Chris may be able to help you. He works in 3D and lenticular.
    If he likes what you got going on he may give you a discount but hes a top notch idea man either way and can put your character into some amazing places. CDs a semi-regular here on Dyes.

Do yourself a favor and meet up with Gnome sometime at a Dyes meeting, give him a hug and life will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Do yourself a favor and meet up with Gnome sometime at a Dyes meeting, give him a hug and life will be good.
    He'd probably consider that a waste to somebody's time.

Newbabyprod, enough with the insults. Gnome was sincere in trying to figure out what you wanted. No reason to be rude. And because you don't happen to know him, I'll save you the trouble of figuring out that he is much kinder than you are appearing to be.

Bratty teen = school building, enough said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2