Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

The security service in Chicago were wonderful and very nice and professional people. My office building was right in the center of the set. We'd have to pass through a security checkpoint to get into our building as well as the corner bakery restaurant. They were very polite and also let tourists in as long as they were dining at the corner bakery. Photography and filming was allowed and encouraged so as long as you weren't being disruptive and blocking entrances and exits. They set up places where people could stand and pose for photographs. Security also gave helpful and clear directions for people who were lost or were looking for a particular location. While filming went for nearly 3 weeks outside our building, it was hardly a burden. We actually missed it when the crew left.

It's a shame that security in Detroit is ruining this exciting moment for people. From the several filmings I've seen they've always provided places to get close and watch without disrupting production. I think this is just one of those things on top of a thousand that will continue to give Detroit a bad reputation. I was going to make a trip to Detroit to capture a few photos from a distance like I did in Chicago, but I guess I'll pass.

Put it like this, Chicago was able to handle a logistically difficult filming in a downtown area with hundreds of thousands of tourists, office workers, and residents passing through the area. There were no problems. Meanwhile it seems there are difficulties managing maybe hundreds that pass through an area that is mostly vacant. That's just a shame....
    Last edited by wolverine; September-12-10 at 05:07 PM.