Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Buy American Guest

It doesn't matter who is chief people, Detroit thugs will continue to do what they do. I think Chief Evans was a no nonsense person who was getting things done...unfortunately, he got a big head and was loving the limelight too much and Bing didn't want him overshadowing him so he got the boot...plus his fling with the Lieutenant.
    Godbee doesn't have the same status as Evans did, he is not a big man and I think that will play a role in his command...he just doesn't exude the same authority that Evans did.

But, again, I say, things in Detroit are the same...crime will continue. Now, with the human resources department wanting to remove the felony question from a City of Detroit application, they will again try to hire people with criminal records to work in City jobs. Detroit tried this once and had nothing but trouble and they just don't learn from their past history. I'm not sure if the question will be removed from Police applications, but I can guarantee you that if it is, and the City, in it's goodness, gives these felons a break and hires them as Police, crime and corruption will run rampant throughout the City. The Cof D has admitted that they can't find qualified people that live in Detroit to fill positions because of felony convictions. They need to recruit qualified people from the suburbs to become policemen/women and I think you will see a turnaround. I don't want to hear that if you don't live in Detroit you don't care about Detroit and can't serve the people....just ask those 7 firefighters who were injured on Friday the 13th....6 out of the 7 don't live within the City limits and they gave their all for Detroit. Incidentally, 4 of them are still in the hospital or in rehab with terrible injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    It doesn't matter who is chief people, Detroit thugs will continue to do what they do. I think Chief Evans was a no nonsense person who was getting things done...unfortunately, he got a big head and was loving the limelight too much and Bing didn't want him overshadowing him so he got the boot...plus his fling with the Lieutenant.
    Godbee doesn't have the same status as Evans did, he is not a big man and I think that will play a role in his command...he just doesn't exude the same authority that Evans did.

But, again, I say, things in Detroit are the same...crime will continue. Now, with the human resources department wanting to remove the felony question from a City of Detroit application, they will again try to hire people with criminal records to work in City jobs. Detroit tried this once and had nothing but trouble and they just don't learn from their past history. I'm not sure if the question will be removed from Police applications, but I can guarantee you that if it is, and the City, in it's goodness, gives these felons a break and hires them as Police, crime and corruption will run rampant throughout the City. The Cof D has admitted that they can't find qualified people that live in Detroit to fill positions because of felony convictions. They need to recruit qualified people from the suburbs to become policemen/women and I think you will see a turnaround. I don't want to hear that if you don't live in Detroit you don't care about Detroit and can't serve the people....just ask those 7 firefighters who were injured on Friday the 13th....6 out of the 7 don't live within the City limits and they gave their all for Detroit. Incidentally, 4 of them are still in the hospital or in rehab with terrible injuries.
    Here's a much better idea. Since all the problem people live in Detroit, why don't we move them all out somewhere else and the problem is solved. Detroit would immediately return to the utopia it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    It doesn't matter who is chief people, Detroit thugs will continue to do what they do.
    Okay - if who the chief is doesn't matter, why don't we just make it a minimum wage gig and give it to some homeless guy?

Hell, if the police chief doesn't matter, why do we even have one?