Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
Not suprising, if you have been out there with a lot of Detroiters. Honestly, do you really think that many people choose to live in such deplorable conditions as the sheer number of people that do in Southeast Michigan? Do you honestly think that many people don't care about political issues, don't care about change, and don't care about maintenance on themselves and their home/community?

What groups of people do not care about such things, and who would be somewhat justified in not caring about such things?

Detroit and certain suburbs have become the place we put people and problems who we want to dispose of, or forget about. Those on the margins of our society end up in De troite; our society's throw away children, the poor, those who live lifestyles who majority views as unpleasant, people who make bad decision, those who have lost their way, but above all... the sick and terminally ill. Often, people around here fall into several of the mentioned categories.

Walk through enough Detroiter's shoes, and the sheer scale of the horrors that these people face becomes all too real and apparent.

And those problems and areas are growing like a cancer.

PS: As upsurd as you think my stance and choice of moving my family to ground zero, if you had to do it like I did, you would be as devoted as trying to help these people as much as some former suburbanites turned urbanites.
I don't know what the fuck you are talking about [[or why you are talking about it in this simple thread,) but that's OK, because it is glaringly apparent that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, either.
You didn't move to "Ground Zero" of anything, nobody has "put" anybody in "Detroit and certain suburbs," I don't know-- and I don't care, so fucking please don't tell me-- who, or what, you mean by "these people," and speaking as a guy who has been a Detroiter for longer than you've been alive, I walk around in my own shoes all of the time, and the way you make it sound like a trip down the river in "Apocalypse Now" could be almost sublimely absurd if it wasn't so goddam irritatingly ignorant and condescending.
Now that you have clarified your state of mind, if you really want to "help these people," I have a suggestion: Wherever you were, before you moved to your "Ground Zero," go back there. "These people" don't need you and your sophomoric bullshit.