Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
You can always spot someone who got their "renewed" history lessons from television "Commentators" [[Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity on one side and Olbermann and Maher on the other).... people who aren't even qualified to interpret, let alone teach history. It must be the "I like what I hear" mentality of the Americans "fringes"...

And we wonder why the rest of the world is getting smarter while many Americans are left behind!
First, You have to establish who has been getting their history lessons from Limbaugh and Olberman, and you haven't. Then you have to show where points made are wrong. I can't speak for MCP but I previously posted,
FDR wasn't a slave owner but he did put Japanese-Americans in prison camps after stealing their property. 58,000 Americans and 1M Vietnamese died mostly under Johnson in Vietnam. Wilson created the Federal reserve and the IRS. Roosevelt and Wilson both started a military draft. No, I don't think Texas textbooks should be so religion influenced. That would be as bad as crediting Wilson.
Either my points were correct or they were wrong. In either case, they were not talking points I heard from listening to Hannity or Rachel because I am bored with such programming. MCP made a good point though that our social studies and history texts also contain some nonsense.