Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
As I got off the 7Mile bus [[car n/a) I stopped in the store and on the counter was a recall petition. The name on the petition was Dave Bing and the reason for recalling him was that "he cut bus services and now Detroiters can't get to work or doctor appointments."

For the record, I didn't sign the petition but after witnessing the 7Mile not following its schedule, I can see why some Detroiters are hot to dump Bing. I understand why Bing cut services [[no money) but many Detroiters depend on the bus system which is the ONLY form of public transportation unless you can afford a cab. That said, perhaps it is time for Detroit to create an agreement with SMART to share some of the DDOT routes where heavy ridership would occur like the 7Mile route. To pay for this, the remaining Detroit taxpayers can agree to a mill tax to fund this. This creates redundancy for the heavy routes and DDOT could place buses on other routes that surely have suffered since the cuts.
Yeah I heard about that.

I'm still divided on whether I'd sign that petition. I then thought about who was going to replace him, and that made my decision easier. As for adding a tax to increase the productivity of DDOT, that's going to be hard. Everyone know the city is in a lot of debt and unless $300 mill or more came out of nowhere, things aren't looking that good right now.

Recalling Bing will only make things worst. He probably won't run again anyway.