Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
The story still sounds incomplete though. What led up to this? What did the driver and other passengers do? Where the police involved? What route was it on?

I was robbed on buses a few times back in the "bad ol' days" of the '70s, and I got into some some pretty good scraps too, so I have a lot of sympathy for the guy involved here. I can certainly understand why he, and his friends, would be upset and angry and I hope he recovers well. But still, It'd be nice to know a little more context about what happened here before we decide the sky is falling.

Is there any actual evidence for this other than this one incident and your feeling?

No need to jump all over your fellow posters either, Wintersmommy was only exercising some sensible and understandable skepticism about a breathless report, with a dead facebook link, about getting e-mails from someone who it sounded like had just had some serious head surgery. Calling her "ignorant and insensitive" is really uncalled for.
You know...you sound like you need to not be so judgemental and doubtful to something you know nothing about! You think she could answer all those questions? Of course not! Then act like it's wrong for someone to feel a little offended by the nature of the people here? Your coming off a little uncaring....but hey thats you. Some of us here have compassion. I on other hand have mixed feelings with this situation because I grew up in Detroit and watched it slowly be poisoned by an underdevoloped goverment and a society with a look the other way attitude towards there community. I do not understand how the story was not covered by the media..but if it was it would be the last thing Detroit needs on it hands.