Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

KC should step down just for fun, and make MC mayor until until Bing is sworn in.

GOAT, "illiterate masses"?

A little harsh. Considering 4 years ago, most thought MC was an improvement.
    Nobody can be expected to predict the future. The problem is not that she was elected. The problem would be if she were RE-elected based upon her performance.

Check out who the Regional Chamber endorsed, when you complain about the "illiterate masses"

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...04071440&EDATE=

Just for kicks, here is the Regional Chambers 2001 endorsements.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...01544528&EDATE=

The Triangle Pride PAC
    http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=15018

I know folks want to blame the citizens, however many of those elected were on somebody[[s) slate and endorsed by so called reliable sources.
    Last edited by Jmil; May-07-09 at 05:42 PM.

That self-serving broad never ceases to amaze me with her shenanigans.

We can only hope that folks wisen up... and throw her butt out of office in the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    That self-serving broad never ceases to amaze me with her shenanigans.

We can only hope that folks wisen up... and throw her butt out of office in the primary.
    After KK was elected the second time I realized that with Detroit voters anything is possible or not possible. If she makes it in again I wouldn't be suprised at all.

gravitymachine Guest

this is going to be so fucking amazing

I'm no fan of MC, but she may have a legitimate argument here.

Normally when an executive succession scheme calls for a member of another branch of government to fill an executive vacancy, the member of the other branch of government must first resign from their previous post before being sworn in. This is because an individual is not permitted to work for two branches of government at the same time, which is a pretty basic separation-of-powers concept.

For example, if Barack Obama and Joe Biden both temporarily became unable to serve, then Nancy Pelosi would become POTUS. However, prior to being sworn in, she would be required to resign from Congress, and if the President regains his ability to serve, the she wouldn't automatically go back to Congress. However, in this situation, assuming the congressional vacancy was for a relatively short period of time, the Governor of Pelosi's state has to power to appoint someone to fill that vacancy, and could very well just appoint Pelosi back to the post, depending on how partisan politics would play out in that situation.

Now, it's true that court refused to declare Cockrel's seat vacant, but that could have been an erroneous ruling, and if MC takes the issue court, then the court could rule accordingly, in which case Cockrel would not only be without his presidency, but also without his CC seat. However, even if a court doesn't rule this way, it's possible that the court could still rule that Cockrel effectively gave up his post as council President when he departed, depending on its interpretation of the language in the charter.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.