Bshea, I agree we'll need both bridges. In fact we need them now. An additional tunnel for truck and/or train traffic is also necessary for optimal transportation movement. It's a shame it's taken this long just to get in the planning phase. Yes, I do believe the news from the Canadian side is being withheld, but I've never known in my life, there to be an ongoing, interactive, communication from one side to the other. Occasional events, sports and bars, maybe. But I think Windsor and Detroit are as foreign to each other, except in a few cases, as are Cuba and the US. I still hear Canadians say, unintentionally mocking some American suburbanites," I haven't been to Detroit for 25 years" or, "We only drive through on our way to Florida". There's a huge chasm between our closest neighbor and us. All of that said, I used to spend a lot of time in Windsor, going as far as to stay on boats and with Canadian friends. I loved it. You can't go through the border anymore without the ?Homeland Security? guys treating you like s*+t. I know they have tough jobs, but I can't correlate lousy treatment with real security enforcement. Both sides suffer as a result.