Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    More like it awaits a visit from the unfriendly folks at Adamo. Sad, but the building's prospects are minimal at best.

Just spent four hours today at the Burton poring over 1905 and 1914 building permits. Sadly, no architect info. The permit was pulled by Lew Tuller himself - but that doesn't mean he's the architect. Permits were also pulled by the builders and the owners. The next step might be going over page after page in the real estate section around the date the permit was pulled to see whether - by God's good graces - an architect is listed in the announcement.

If you'd like to play at home, and help me from losing my mind, Lew Tuller pulled the permit for the original 1906 Tuller Hotel on May 31, 1905. Address was 17-31 Park Ave. [[remember, this was before the addresses were renumbered).
    The second building permit, for the five-story addition to the original building, was pulled July 20, 1909, by [[Sweet) Lew.
    I do know the architect of the last addition, in 1923, was William H. Adams, but that doesn't do much good as this was the least significant addition of the three.

It's still in rough draft form and will grow as I continue to add more to it, but here's what I've got on the Tuller so far, if interested: http://www.buildingsofdetroit.com/places/tuller
    I suppose that I could have saved you the four hours.
    Attachment 7017

I suppose that L. W. Tuller deserves his due.

Domestic Engineering 1915

http://books.google.com/books?id=ga3...hitect&f=false
    Last edited by Stosh; July-30-10 at 09:41 AM.