Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
What a bunch of mental midgets!

My guess is that almost everyone on this forum believes in the "fairness" of the progressive Federal tax system whereby the higher one's income, the higher the amount of taxes owed. Why is it then that you get so upset with the resulting statistics that show the states with the higher percentages of middle and upper middle class taxpayers are "donor states"?

Look deeper into that Tax Foundation study and you will see that of the 10 leading "donor states", all are in the top 17 of income states. Similarly, those states on the net return side of the equation typically have above average numbers of individuals receiving direct payments from the Federal Government, such as Social Security, Medicare, SSI disability and federal retirement pay.

Given the recent collapse of the domestic auto industry here in Michigan, we won't be a "donor state" for very much longer [[that Tax Foundation Study uses 2006 data). Our income levels are going down while were are getting older and trapped in our homes which we can't sell. But we will be able to proudly say that we are no longer a "donor state"!

I think you guys need to find some real problems to bitch about.
I agree. Keep in mind the population shifts from colder to warm states of not only wealthy but middle class baby boomers who will collect SS, and qualify for medicad. The service and construction jobs will migrate with them.