Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
Jcole -

Yeah I tried the kaspersky killer with no effect. I'm still redirected off the forum to @@@www. onlinescanxpp.com@@@@/land/eurl/?code=49 [[don't click!), and it took over my desktop too ! I also get a fake Microsoft phishing filter popup and warning security report. I've been advised to reformat and start from scratch. Oh well, the pictures I hav'nt backed up will mean nothing to anybody else, except Garwooders and Cryptozoologists !
It also denies my admin access, I'm going to need help on this one.

I would have done a better job on backing up to an external, if I had the money, if not for all the layoffs over the past four years.
Do you have your Windows CD? If so, all you need to do is put it in the CD drive, reboot into the setup and follow the prompts. Make sure you tell it you want to do a clean install not a re-install, and format the drive using NTFS.
This is assuming it's Windows XP. If it's an earlier version, you may need boot floppies.
You don't need admin access to do a format/ clean install. It will set up a new admin account for you in the process