Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    DetroitDad, don't keep spreading rumors about matters of which you know nothing. I do tech support for the property manager of the PNC building in Troy, and was in his office within the past month. I also know a personal friend of his whom I spoke to 2 days ago, and he assures me that they are doing well; as a matter of fact we will be doing some upgrades soon. Before running your mouth about things like this, check them out instead of playing Chicken Little.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You are insinuating that the building is vacant or soon to be so. As LD said above, it takes a long time to do a change over. Perhaps PNC has a different idea about signage than National City did.
    Also, I didn't imply anything about making or installing a sign in my previous post. Read more carefully.

That wasn't what I was suggesting. How that was meant to be interpreted was asking if PNC had kept the same number of employees in the building, and if they would be replacing the National City sign. Unfortunately, in today's world, many of these buyouts or mergers can be accompanied by job cuts.

As to the building's occupancy... yes, I already could have guessed that the property manager would say good things about his company and building.

And yes, the building looks horrible in it's current state, and that sign has been down for a pretty long time now. Are you actually implying that it will take years to make and install a new one? Despite that it may not make area urbanites happy, that building is a landmark that is viewed as part of Detroit, by people outside the region.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; July-24-10 at 11:50 PM.