Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Ironically enough, I have spent several weeks in the Las Vegas valley this summer for work. My opinion on the issue is that LV does not have the permanent population to support a pro team of any kind. As of recently Clark County has < 2 million people, many of which are non-permanent residents. The Vegas economy is also hurting worse than ours. It's for another thread, but Las Vegas has some strikingly similar characteristics as yesteryear Detroit.

Edit: By non-permanent residents, I mean people who have only recently come to LV and follow the pro teams of their hometowns or people who have been here a few years, but are planning on leaving. A pro sports team needs a solid base of long-term, dedicated fans to be successful. I doubt tourists will attend pro bball games in Vegas with all the other attractions in town.
    Last edited by BrushStart; July-18-10 at 04:52 PM.