Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bearinabox Guest

There's a block of Outer Drive in Brightmoor that has stairs going up to the houses. As far as I can tell, there just happened to be a hill there that nobody bothered to flatten. Cross streets are Westbrook and Bentler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    There's a block of Outer Drive in Brightmoor that has stairs going up to the houses. As far as I can tell, there just happened to be a hill there that nobody bothered to flatten. Cross streets are Westbrook and Bentler.
    Westbrook and Bentler run parallel. Fenkell, Lyndon, Outer Dr...

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Westbrook and Bentler run parallel. Fenkell, Lyndon, Outer Dr...
    Reread the first six words of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Reread the first six words of my post.
    lol. I tend to read fast and not see things.

Default UPDATE: More Stairs to Nowhere

I remembered this quirky thread while researching my dad's old 'hood [[1920s & 30s) in Hamtramck. Glad I did. Check out the two together, at about 2718 Denton St. near Jos. Campau.

Some very interesting threads are resurrected on his board. :-)This, for example, has been fascinating. I suppose those must be the meadows of heaven? [[nyuck, nyuck, ehhhh...)

...or the spirits of families who lived there or events in the past! Maybe there's some residual energy there. Whooooh, ghosts!

Brooms and snowshovels... kisses and call-outs... hands in chins waiting for the mailman... ice cream dripping.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    This area was the first Polish settlement on the west side and centered around St. Casimir Church at Myrtle and 23rd. The huge church anchored the neighborhood. When Myrtle was widened in 1961 the church was demolished and a very small church replaced...
    http://web.me.com/twozniak/St._Casim.../Homepage.html
    Such a beautiful church, it was a sin to lose it to a street widening. So very sorry about that.

Seen at approx. 1535 W. Alexandrine, between Trumbull and Commonwealth: More stairs....leading to what [[I imagine) was the former Harper Apartments. They kept the entrance facade, but nothing else! Kinda cool; it's right next to the alley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2