Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
Bet some fashionable ghosts inhabit those late Vic buildings. In 1929 that building was formerly Heid's Jewelry House at 1415 Woodward. Frank & Seder Dept. Store was at 1413 Woodward, next door. 1417 Woodward was Queen's Quality Boot Shop.
I know this is off topic, but I'm going to ask while it's brought up.

Thank you for that Kathy. I've inquired on here about the buildings on Lower Woodward many-a-times, with very few answers. The further you get from the Hudson's site, the harder it seems to be to find information. Do you know/remember what the buildings on the David Whitney Building and David Broderick Tower blocks were used for?

1. The Building Directly South of the David Broderick Tower [[now gone) I have no idea about.
  2. The one story "Como's Pizza Building" [[which I call it because they own the building, but have been sitting on it for years) to the North of Bleu appears to have housed Tall-Eez Shoes at one point.
  3. Bleu was once the Telenews Theater, that one I know.
  4. The blank wall next to the Bleu Theater entrance is actually a properly boarded up retail space, and I kave no idea what it was used for.
  5. 1528 Woodward Avenue, the building next to Bleu I have found zero information about. An interesting observation, the exterior reminds me of the Quo Vadis Theater, and the beautiful blue tile work on the interior appears to be identical to Quo Vadis.
  6. The modernist cement building next door supposedly was a Lane Bryant Store at one time.
  7. The small building [[1508 Woodward Avenue, I think) next door is hard to find history on.
  8. The Wright-Kay Building [[Schwankovsky Temple of Music) at 1500 Woodward Avenue I know.

Across the Street;

1. The gold building has a deposit box, leading me to believe this may have been a bank.
  2. The building with the three arched columns of windows is hard to find infor4mation on.
  3. The building at 1529 Woodward is also hard to find information on.
  4. Himelhoch Brothers and Company was a department store.

I also find it odd that what is historically dubbed the Lower Woodward Retail District does not appear to include the 1200 blocks of Woodward Avenue, which I find as odd.