Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

ugh-- missiles, give me a break. this is a stupid waste of money. yes, borders should be regulated effectively, but this reeks of "boys spending money on toys." why don't we hire more humans to patrol, seeing as there a few million people in need of jobs?

IMO this comes close to violating the US - Canada treaty for demilitarizaion of the great lakes.

Great post above, Lowell.

This is an april fool's joke, right?

I worry about the safety and welfare of those family members and friends that live near the international waterway because of this; I do not worry about them on account of illegal immigration.

Default What's the big deal?

I don't get the problem with this or why it's seen as being aggressive. It's an unmanned plane armed with nothing more than a camera. How is looking out for illegal border crossings a bad thing? I don't think it's isolationist to actually monitor who enters or leaves the country.

With the advancements in technology, these sorts of applications must be curbed. We're losing our right to privacy. Continually under surveillance and scrutiny by a third party. What if you don't want to be watched? You have no choice, and what's next?

There is a better fix for the conditions that cause such hostility towards us.

What about those Piper Cubs circling around ? The leftovers from 9-11. What's the frequency Kenneth ?

Quote: "What about those Piper Cubs circling around ? The leftovers from 9-11. What's the frequency Kenneth ?"

Huh?

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    With the advancements in technology, these sorts of applications must be curbed. We're losing our right to privacy. Continually under surveillance and scrutiny by a third party. What if you don't want to be watched? You have no choice, and what's next?

There is a better fix for the conditions that cause such hostility towards us.
    Such a contradiction from someone that is so anti-illegal immigration. Sounds like you're only against illegal immigration if the people are coming from the south.

You're not losing any right to privacy with this. A plane can only see you if you are outside, you know, out in public. Do you feel that people should not look at you when you're outside, too?