I had my car stolen 6 years ago from 6 Mile and Stahalin. My buddy and I drove around for a couple hours searching for it, then I finally went to the police station to file a report. It turns out that Detroit's Finest had found my car already, about an hour earlier. Props to the DPD for a job well done.

The only things that were missing was a couple of my Cure CDs, which I think the towing company probably helped themselves to, since I'm sure the thieves don't like The Cure!

The kids who stole it were 12 and 14 years old. When I went to court, one of the little angel's moms asked me "what were you doing in Detroit anyway", since as a white man, I guess I'm not supposed to be here. I could see how they thought stealing wasn't a big deal after that warm welcome by their parent.

About two months later, a 14 year old with the same name as my thief was driving a stolen Jeep that was being chased by the police. While turning a corner at a high speed, the Jeep rolled over and the kid was thrown from the vehicle and killed. I always wondered if it was the same punk who stole my car.