My vegetarian son is getting married this friday. The bride is vegetarian and so are her divorced parents. Dad who is paying for this shindig insisted on including chicken as part of the menu since most of the guests are not vegetarian. The brides mother and sister threatened to boycott the wedding if meat was served so now the menu is meatless.

I don't care about the menu much but I highly disaprove of the brides mother and sisters method of getting their own way through emotional black mail.

Thoughts anyone?

Almost makes me want to take a portable grill and serve hotdogs in the parking lot. Fantasy, only people and besides I don't like hotdogs.

I am a second hand kind of person and my business partner gave me several of her mother of the bride/groom dresses. She had a large family. I chose to wear a simple off white/ecru floor length dress with discrete pink sequins and pearl emblishments. I told my son about it and the bride- to-be had hissys. My son told me she disaproved and he was very embarassed relaying the message and begged me not to be mad. I wasn't but did jokingly tell him I will just wear black

My sister in law's sister sent over five dresses. The one I like best is black. I won't wear it but it is tempting. My small revenge however will be wearing some outrageous earrings loaned to me by a friend who is homosexual and while not a cross dresser, he loves flamboyant jewelry!

Needless to say I am not thrilled by this union but will always support my son in his choices. He is marrying this woman and her family, not us. I have a strick policy of non interference un like her female family.

Just doing a little venting here so thanks for your tolerance. Sumas