Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    Please don't, didn't you read that everyone wants the place to remain the same.
    I liked the place with the exception of John. If the one thing I didn't like leaves then it makes the bar much more appealing.

My post should have said 'can't deal with'

Honest John's is one of our favorite places!! I've taken numerous family and friends and out-of-town visitors there to enjoy a real Detroit treasure. And on the few occasions when John was around, he was delightful in engaging my guests in conversation, asking where they were from and, invariably, mentioning some familiar bar or restaurant back home.

Best wishes to Irene for a quick and full recovery!!

I like Honest ? Johns... I just don't like John. As far as a "heart-wrentching" story... Still doesn't make up for his behavior. Everyone has been shit on one way or another. It doesn't give you the right to be an A-hole to everyone around you. Hopefuly his wife will be ok and John can lay off the blow and booze but, I think the place is better off.