A quick clarification of the past ownership of Fort Wayne <Res, not to step on your toes>. Fort Wayne was not under the National Park Service or State Parks service.

The fort property was parceled off to the city of Detroit in a series of lease agreements as the Army centralized on the site. First in 1947 the gov't leased the star fort complex, then, I believe, in 1955 another portion of the complex. Not until 1973 did the gov't relinquish control of the rest of Fort Wayne when they finally demilitarized the site in 1973. After CoD took over, it was under Detroit Historical until 1991 when it was shutdown. The site was reopened, roughly, 2000/2001 currently under the Parks and Recreation Department.

I just wanted to clarify...mainly to keep up the hope that there IS always a possibility of Fed or State intervention on the site.

1) The corporate address of the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition is in Columbiaville as that was the record address of the secretary at the time of incorporation. I believe a 501[[c)3 requirement is that it has to be a physical address not a P.O. box.

Thank you to all who helped out with your comments and voices to City Council! I cannot express the gratitude that I have to all the Fort Wayne supporters that are out there!

Regards,
Subvet
Secretary
Historic Fort Wayne Coalition